Saturday, September 10, 2022

Spitballs

Spitballs


Raring to go here. Got something to say. How to begin? Well, it was something that has happened recently, and maybe something of a revelation, you might say. You see, everybody makes mistakes. It used to be a common phrase, but maybe not so common anymore. People used to say "you're only human". You make mistakes. I make mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. But people don't talk like that anymore. Especially those in high places. So I got a little story for you. Maybe it is profitable to tell it, and maybe to hear it, so here goes:

There was a thing that happened when I was still pretty young. There was a friend of mine, whose name shall not be mentioned, as is my policy. There was what I thought was a pretty minor event between us. Perhaps I'll give him a false name so as to make it less nebulous. Let's say he was called "Fred". Fred and I were friends. Maybe even really good friends. But something happened. Fred turned against me. This was something of a surprise, and a bit puzzling. What did I do? Well, I knew what it was that I did, but I didn't think it was a big deal. But to him, it was. Well, Fred had run for Student Council just prior, and lost. After he blew up about what I did, he accused me nf not voting for him. I did, but I lied about it. I said I didn't. Why did I do that? I don't know. Maybe I felt that he was demanding something from me that he had no right to demand. But maybe he felt betrayed, or something. Hence, the accusation. I only made it worse. Maybe the friendship could have been salvaged, but after that, I think Fred began to bear a grudge against me. The grudge lasted a long time. I haven't seen or heard of anything from Fred since high school days. For all I know, if Fred is still out there, he is still bearing that grudge. He seemed pretty dead set against me even years after what seemed like such an insignificant event.

The previous story is a bit longer than that, but I want to keep it brief as possible. The point in relaying that story is that Fred carried his grudge a lot further than a mere argument. I think he was saying things against me behind my back. That's what I want to get to. You see, a lot of things like this happen in life. Anybody who has been around awhile might have had a similar experience sometime or other. I mean, who hasn't had a little misunderstanding between friends, eh? But sometimes those misunderstandings can turn into something a bit more than that. And then, some real trouble can begin. I wouldn't say any really big trouble happened with Fred, but something far more serious happened later in life that had nothing to do with Fred. You know where I'm going with this, by the way?

Maybe Fred was diappointed and hurt, and carried things a bit too far. Things like that can happen. I think the moral of this story, if there is one, is that not to let little problems turn into bigger ones. Try to nip something in the bud before it has time to grow and fester into something much bigger and much more serious. Also, don't do anything that you think isn't quite right. Not that I felt like I did anything really wrong towards Fred, but I didn't have to make it worse, don't you know. I feel that I did the right thing except to lie about voting against him. It may have made a difference at that point, who knows?

But I'm telling this story because I want to talk about my childhood. The point is twofold. First, Fred took things too far, and secondly, he went behind my back and started to undermine me. That is the main point I'm trying to get across. Also, that the general principle involved is much bigger than some school yard squabble. Let me seque into the bigger picture. Dan Bongino was talking about this kind of thing yesterday on his show. You see, the things the Democrats are doing to Trump remind me of this school yard squabble of mine. Basically, the Democrats, and their operatives, are throwing "spitballs" at Trump.

Spitballs? This latest business is not a serious investigation of Trump. Neither was the Russia thing. It was a "schoolyard squabble". The Democrats don't have a case, as Bongino is pointing out. Or if Bongino hasn't pointed it out well enough, I hope to add some further insight from personal experience. I do this in hopes of getting people to see this for what it really is.

If it were a really serious investigation, the DOJ wouldn't be leaking to the media. If it were really a matter of national security, they wouldn't be leaking it to the media. If they really wanted to prosecute Trump, they wouldn't be leaking it to the media. That is because Trump would have a real defense against them for prejudicing a potential jury. Look, if Trump really did something wrong, would they have to keep leaking like this? They can only prosecute him successfully if they can prove their case in an open court, with all Trump's rights respected. Also, the jury has to be impartial. How can it be impartial now with what they are doing? This cannot possibly be a serious and honest case. They are trying to hurt Trump, like in a school yard squabble. It is school yard nonsense. It is high school, or even less than high school antics. They are throwing spitballs at Trump.

So they DOJ is actually going to try to appeal this grant of a master to look over the documents. Who knows what they'll find, but I suspect that they'll find that Trump did nothing wrong. The DOJ doesn't want anybody to see what they're doing, because then, perhaps a lot of people will see this as a big nothingburger of a case.

They want to hurt Trump. It is a school yard squabble and they're throwing spitballs. The DOJ is going to get caught and they are going to look bad, but they won't give it up, and act like adults about it. They have no case or they wouldn't be leaking about it. Anybody OUGHT to be able to see that, but evidently a good number of people can't see it, or won't. Time to fess up, people. Things can get a whole lot worse than they are now, and all of this is over archives? Or is this really about something else? Keeping this the way it is only making things worse. It doesn't matter if Trump did anything wrong or not. The main point is that things can really get out of hand. We need some adults in the room to sort this out.

No comments: