Friday, June 12, 2015

Checking in, 6/12/15

Time goes by fast when you are having fun.  Yuketty, yuk, yuk.  I'm having a lot of fun here rassling with my printers.  Yes, it seems that a printer has gone bye-bye and now does not work.  In the meantime, I still need to print something, so I have another computer, but it is also giving me troubles.

For a guy with a computer science degree, I really hate computers sometimes.

Computers are the only things that have really advanced much in the last 50 years.  Come to think of it, I've expressed that thought many times.  When you get right down to it, we had the same things we have today when I was younger.  We had TV's.  We had music.  We had air conditioners.  We had telephones.  But we didn't have computers at home.  We didn't have the internet.

The thing I'm trying to copy is an inspection report for my car.  You need that now in this state, as the state has eliminated the inspection sticker.  When you want registration tags ( metal tags or license plates ), you have to present this paper in order to get it.  The guy who sold me this car failed to give it to me, so I called him and he emailed me a photo of it.  That will do as long as you've got a printer that works.  Ha, ha.

Anyway, I've been rassling with this thing this morning and so I don't have a whole lot to write about.

But I can sure b-eye-itch about the complexity of computers as they are becoming too much a part of our lives.  You know, you don't really need all this complexity, but it is being forced upon us as usual by the powers-that-be.

The computers have to run all the complex crap that you now have to have in order to satisfy the control freaks in Washington DC.

Yet, these computers can be more of a problem than a solution.  They can be hacked.  By the way, I mentioned to a younger guy yesterday how I believed that Microsoft deliberately made software in a way that made it vulnerable to hacking.  There really isn't any excuse for hacking.  It can be stopped, but these corporations that so many believe in, like Microsoft, engineered their products so that you have to keep coming back to them in order to fix something that has gone wrong.  And hacking is a thing that is allowed so that you will have to come back to them for a solution for this problem.

Anyway, computers are vulnerable and can be unreliable.  Yet we are basing so much of our lives upon something that is so fragile that a Mickey Mouse country like North Korea can fry every single one of them if they decide to do it.

Yet, people don't seem to notice or care that things are really getting screwed up in this country.  Not only this, but there are many things.




No comments: