Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why Republicans Deny Science—And Reality: Request For Help

William M. Briggs

Brigg's blog is now in my favorites list.  Not because of this post, but because Barone said it was an excellent blog.  So, I am perusing some of his posts, and it does look like good stuff.

This particular piece reminds me of something I sometimes see in this here blog, which I won't name, you'll just have to go there and see for yourself.  I mentioned this blogger before, by the way.

Basically, it comes down to some liberals thinking that they are better people than conservatives.  Well, with those preliminaries aside, I come down to the piece I'm linking to by Mr. Briggs.  That's because it fits in with this observation.
Regular readers will be long familiar with the parade of faulty papers which claim that Republicans, conservatives, and Christians are stupid, unthinking, easily led, uncompassionate, and set off on their sad road by delusional beliefs in God or because they once attended a Fourth of July parade (yes, really)
Yes, we are all knuckle dragging Neaderthals.  They are brilliant and tolerant and all that is good and nicey, nice, nice.  I see them planting their halos on their heads and pinning devil's horns on the conservatives.  It just seems juvenile at times.  It's like watching kids sticking their tongues out at each other.

No comments: