Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Yeats, The Second Coming



6-20-23: Update for post of 4-5-23



The original post included only an embedded video, of which I don't recollect anything. Too bad. That's because the video was taken down, and nothing has been said as to why.

I notice this happening on old posts, and wonder about what's driving this. The idea for making the post was not to promote contention. At least, I don't think so. Nor was it to reflect badly upon the video. Then why would anyone object?

At any rate, I do not like my posts being changed without my knowledge nor understanding about what was objectionable about it.

"https://poets.org/poem/second-coming?mbd=1" is what is left of the embedded html. Either poets dot org objected, or somebody else did. As a consequence, I will repost another video about the poem. As far as I know, there should be no objection to this. Many videos that I embed have been on youtube for a long time. So, it is rather curious that just because I post about it, somebody wants to take it down.

Here's the new video. Let's see what happens to it.











No comments: