Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Peggy Noonan



Peggy Noonan, the speech-writer, has once again stepped into it as far as I'm concerned.

It seems like many that I once considered to be on "our" side really aren't. These include the likes of George Will, the Bushes, and this woman too. The list gets longer and longer.

Never-Trumpers like to compare Trump followers with the cult-like Jim Jones' followers that drank the Kool-Aid. I don't know if the comparison was made with Noonan's latest piece, and I haven't read it. But I gave up on Noonan awhile back. She was advocating the January 6th panel. That panel is ridiculous on its face.

With the respect to the Jim Jones comparsion, those people had no choice in drinking the Kool-Aid. It wasn't a free choice, and evidently, the "vaccine" isn't going to be either, if these people get their way.

The person that Stelter brought in to discuss Jim Jones' cult was one of those who got shot trying to find out something about it. Do they really believe that Trump is going to shoot people trying to flee his cult-like following? Australia is hunting down people and forcing to take an injection of this unproven "vaccine". Who's following authoritarian impulses here?

The reason I started following Trump was that I kept hearing things said like this, and these things were coming from those who I once trusted. I looked into their accusations, and I didn't see what they claimed to see. If I am wrong, then I can tell you this-- I don't drink anybody's Kool-Aid. I have never been the kind who would. Therefore, I think the charge is absolutely false, like so many other coming from the Never-Trumpers.

If giving your life for something you believe in is "drinking the Kool-Aid", then what do these people think of Christ? But Jesus Christ didn't point a gun at anybody in order to get them to follow him. This isn't necessary unless you are of the kind that Jim Jones is. A true Shepherd doesn't kill off his sheep, but commies do.

The charge that Trump followers are following a cult of personality doesn't square up with the facts that I have observed. But it does square up to the kinds of things that the Soviet Union would do in order to keep their people in a type of prison setting. At best, Never-Trumpers are enabling a communist takeover by being dupes. At worst, they are with them body and soul.

A prison setting can get very abusive. Those in charge of a prison can become sadistic. Often they DO become sadistic even if they don't start out that way. For Never-Trumpers, who is the one who sides with those who want to shut down everything and FORCE people into wearing masks? Did Trump do that? If not, then who DID?



Noonan article: Why we can't move on.

After a pause I located Noonan's piece. I didn't see a date. She is naive, or a gigantic liar.

No comments: