Friday, July 22, 2022

Everybody can have an opinion, but you cannot have your own facts



Ideas for posts have been rather thin lately. Here's one inspired from a Youtuber who does maps. I kinda like maps myself, so this channel seemed pretty interesting. Then he did one on politics, and I am thinking ... wha????

He played down California's exodus of people. Well, maybe that is overblown. Everybody seems to exaggerate a little. Maybe California isn't losing as many people as has been claimed. But it DID lose enough so that it's representation in Congress was affected. Maybe only one seat, but they did lose something. Or if they didn't, it has definitely slowed down. California used to grow like gangbusters. Not anymore.

He makes a big deal out of the "high tech" industry of California. That would be computers. In my opinion, being a computer guy myself at one point, that his opinion may be off just a hair. He says that all of the jobs are in Northern California, and they aren't losing people. Maybe not now, but these trends could change in a big way.

One other thing. He's claiming Texas is becoming more liberal because Texas is getting more high tech. Tell you what, being from Texas, I'll believe it when I see it. Texas is not necessarily getting more liberal. It MIGHT be, but I doubt it. If Abbot loses the governnorship, then I'll believe it. Not going to happen.

Here's a case when one's own biases may blind you to facts. My opinion may be wrong, but the facts are always right. The way this guy presents his information, it is like it is factual. Sorry, but I think the guy has liberal political leanings, and his "facts" are just his liberal opinions.

BTW, his channel is called Geography King. Trouble with these libs is that they can sometimes sound reasonable, but then they get nuts. So the first few of these vids seemed interesting, but now he's showing who he is, and I think libs are just nuts.

The trouble we're having these days is not because Joe Biden is a bad president. It is because the political left is way the hell out of control. A lot of what this guy mentions on his channel is stuff being driven by easy money. Once that dries up, and it will, a lot of these trends are going to reverse. Facts have an underlying truth involved, and this may not be a fact, but I think liberalism is NUTS. It cannot continue much longer. It is not based upon TRUTH. Guys aren't girls, and vice versa. That's all you need to know about these people. That's a fact, jack.

No comments: