Sunday, May 1, 2022

Moscow After Sanctions



Moscow After Sanctions

The link is to a video of a Russian-American girl in Moscow. YouTube says it was published about a month ago. Her name appears to be Sophia Clare, because that is what the channel says there.

Anyway, the thing that jumps out at me is that Russia has come a long ways since the fall of the Soviet Union. It was nothing like that during the Soviet era. In many ways, that country has been transformed.

Before all this began, I was thinking Russia wouldn't go to war because it would mean that the Cold War would begin all over. From the looks of it, times will get much tougher for the average Russian. The girls says she will be leaving soon. She doesn't want to go.

There's plenty of blame to go around. Namely, the government right here in the USA. You'll hear things like "Russia is not our friend." Yeah, but so what? Does that mean that we should go to war with them? Our government seems to think that the Russians are bluffing. If they are not, it could have some rather severe consequences for us all. If the Russians ARE bluffing, they get to look like geniuses. But I don't think of them of that no matter what happens.

It may be very repetitious of me to write this yet again. For the record, yet again, I do not like, respect, nor trust the people who are running this country right now. That will be the same even if they acheive victory in this conflict. You have to wonder what victory looks like to them. Also, I do NOT think that they are the rightful leadership of the country. They are NOT interested in democracy. They are NOT interested in freedom. In fact, I think their behavior is not too far removed from what we thought we defeated during the Cold War.

Yet people follow them and trust them. To me, this is inconceivable. It's gotta be some kind of tribal thing now. If anyone would just honestly look at the facts, then how in the hell do you defend this regime?

Nevertheless, the Russians did invade. It is hard to be persuasive if you give up on an honest discussion. As I wrote, there's plenty of blame to go around. But as far as I'm concerned, our country, and the Western block, is not at all blameless. If our country minded it p's and q's, and this happened anyway, I'd be on board. But that is not what happened.

Incidentally, I'd like to embed the video. But I have to use my netbook to go online to do that. It's been that way for some time now. It may be some of the reason my volume of posts has gone down. It's probably what the censors want. Keep in mind that we now have a Ministry of Truth. This is from people who care nothing for the truth. It is one lie after another with these people. That is what people are supporting when they support this government. More and more of this kind of thing, and a definite decline in living standards and basic freedom. What's happening in Moscow is going to come here. It is just a matter of time.

No comments: