Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Off-grid post, 4-13-22



When I left off last, only one panel had been tested. They're both working properly. Also, there is a deficiency in the stand that needed correction. Maybe that has been addressed, but I didn't seek an opinion. Come to think of it, I didn't the first time either. Not that I mind, don't you know.

The thing is, I wanted the stand to serve as a shade as well. The advice I am getting suggested leaning it at an angle. This doesn't work for me, so perhaps at the risk of being too stubborn, I'm going to stick with that part of the plan.

My solution is the simplest and easiest to implement. That too could be a fault. We'll have to see on that one.

As for the test, it seemed to bring forth some issues that I am going to have to address. There is always a way that I could be screwing up. If there isn't a way, I think I would invent one.

The issue is what happens with all that power if it isn't being used? The juice has to go somewhere. One thing that I'm a bit worried about is if that juice is being converted to heat somewhere. That wouldn't be good.

There's going to be 300 watts going into that battery. That could generate enough heat to cause a problem. There is a potential solution, which is an option that I haven't considered until just now. That is, attach a load directly to the controller. That controller has that as an optional connection. When there's more juice than the battery can handle, the juice has to go somewhere. Therefore, the extra juice just runs something. Meanwhile, it can charge the battery. The extra juice can run the inverter. Ha! Let's see how that one goes.

There's more to this project that I had bargained for. Seems like I've been wrestling with it for a while now. Eventually, I will get this done and begin to enjoy the benefits of it.

No comments: