Monday, April 11, 2022

Off-grid post, 4-11-22

 



Busy day today. The 10 gauge wires came in, and I hooked them up promptly to the outside 12 volt RV battery. It seemed to go much better than before. In fact, I charged up the 24 volt battery using it, and as I type, the 24 volt battery is running the swamper. It is a warm day, and I needed to cool down. Checking the humidity shows that it is too high, meaning that I need to get some fresher, drier air into here, but that is for another time.

I have an excuse to run the a/c. I feel that I've earned it.

While I was doing all this, the solar panels arrived. Promptly, I opened that box, and began to test them out. By the way, my solar stand for holding these panels is said to be flawed in its design. So my design has to be modified. I wanted to lie them flat, but I am told that the weight cannot support it properly. Maybe it was the wood, or maybe it was the concept of lying them down. I need to get that clarified. If I were to change the wood to something more sturdy, maybe the concept could still be made to work.

Only one panel got tested. The sun was too much for me to test the other. I called it a day.

The test went well. Sometimes these things don't work, which makes a test necessary. It seems that something else didn't work with one of my orders. I thought I ordered a 15 foot extension line, but I got one for only 5 feet. Don't know if this was my fault or theirs. Later on that one.

All in all, I'm satisfied with things. Things didn't go 100% according to plan, what ever does? It's shaping up slowly. Glad I decided to "small-ball" this one. Going big too soon would have been a mistake.

No comments: