Friday, December 10, 2021

Guitar lesson Del Shannon's Runaway



Comment:

I remember this song, but the song is said to have been released in 1961. My recollection was a bit later than that. Maybe it was still getting air play in 1964 some three years later.

It is on the Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Hits of All Time. Number 472 it says on the Wikipedia. ( I suspect a bit of bias there. Just kidding.)

Not to make any disparaging comments here, but the song seems simple enough. But if it was so simple, how come I never learned it? Well, it may be harder to do this than it looks, but it doesn't look that hard. But I won't break out the gitfiddle and try it myself. I still got that old gitfiddle. Couldn't bring myself to get rid of it.

Here's the video for anybody interested...



No comments: