Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Hopium not available here

 

Hope springs eternal


Despite everything that has happened lately, it seems that there is still hope out there.

This doesn't mean I'm eternally hopeful or not. As always, realism counts the most. It wouldn't be consistent with what I've written before if I were to go to one extreme or the other.

As of this writing, the results of the election in Georgia must be coming in. I will not track those. Regardless of the outcome, if an election is not 100% safeguarded against fraud, then what is the point?

Our public officials, including members of both parties, seem to care little for the sacred right to vote. If a clean vote is not obtained, that right might as well not exist.

There has to be accountability. I don't think that applies to our leadership anymore. Without it, they can do anything they wish without any fear of voter backlash. That is a scary proposition.

It would seem to be insane to want to surrender that for any reason whatsoever. But many people seem to be prepared to do just that.

Some may argue that that is what I've done. No. I would vote again if they would honestly look at what happened this time. But they won't. To me, that is realistic. I haven't quit, I just recognize the reality of the situation. Our vote doesn't matter to these people. It is just a prop so that they can claim democratic processes.

That prop is the biggest fake of all. It no longer the land of the free and home of the brave. It is a fake land of fake people. I insist upon not being a part of that any further. No more elections for me until this situation is corrected.





No comments: