Thursday, June 4, 2020

Where are the details about so-called "protests"





6.4.20 Update:

Once again, I go on a search for information, only to find more hand-wringing type rhetoric. My usual haunts are failing me. It looks like I need new sources of information.

The questions are the basics of what used to be taught in basic journalism: the five w's-- who, what, when, where, and why. It is becoming a bit too commonplace to see complete disregard of basic factual reporting.

Very disappointing.





Update 6.2.20:

I did another search for information yesterday and still found little.  It looks like most Walmarts are open in Houston.

As for Target, I didn't look.

Today, I went on an errand.  There wasn't time to read the news.  It seems that there was more trouble last night.  As for what happened in Houston, I haven't got that far in my online peregrinations.

I'll keep looking around.  As for my neck of the woods, things seem almost normal.  Too many people are paranoid around here.  Too many masks.  There hasn't been a Kung-Phooey-Flu case in over a month.  Nor have there been riots around here that I know of.  Not even a discouraging word.


6.1.20:

There may be a news blackout about these "protests". The website for the Houston Chronicle does not have much about the store closures, only that there are "hundreds" of Walmarts and Targets that are being closed all across the country.

The website called "chron.com" is the online version of the Houston Chronicle. It reads like an almost normal day, but the reporting is like the whole nation is on fire. Quite the contrast.

How bad is it? Which stores are being closed in Houston? It might be instructive as to which stores are closing. Since I am a former resident of Houston, it would be interesting for me to know this, but the details are missing.

There is a lot of extraneous material on the website, and I am trying to limit data usage. So, I am not going to spend a lot of time and bandwidth looking for information like this. It appears to be buried. That leaves me with a thought that this reporting is basically national, so as to direct the attention at that level. Why?

I suspect that the news is being massaged once again. It's getting harder than it should be to get basic facts. Evidently, these "news organizations" show you only what they want you to see.





No comments: