Saturday, June 13, 2020

Weedeater


Update:



More weedeating, so to speak. This lot is a large area to be using a weedeater as a lawnmower. Anyway, it kicks my butt. I spent an hour and a half on it this morning. The weather has been cool and dry in the mornings lately, so it is a perfect time to whack some weeds.

Another reason I'm still at work at it is that I was experimenting with home made line. But that doesn't work too well, so I bought some line yesterday. Since I am a city feller, I haven't had much experience with these gadgets. Part of it is experimentation, another part is that I don't know what the bleep I'm doing.

It is good to get some exercise. This is exercise for me. Better than exercise, actually. It is better because I need to do it, and exercising is just too boring. It may help when exercising to have someone with you. When I exercise alone, it seems that I'd rather be doing almost anything else but this. Having someone with me helps me to forget how boring it all is.

I used to play golf. Like everything else, it is too rich for me now. Maybe I can make my own golf course when I go out west. Forty acres is enough for a few holes. Ooops! I forgot that I got rid of my clubs when I came out here. Never mind.

There are a few places that I could join, but there's the money issue again.

There are other options too, but frankly, I don't like to exercise. Lots of mosquitoes out there in the mornings. And it is too hot in the afternoons and evenings.

Weedeating will do.



6.12.20:



Spent some time with the weedeater trimming down this jungle growing around here. The weeds grow like weeds. Afterwards, I felt good about it. I'm spending too much time indoors, it seems.



No comments: