Friday, March 13, 2020

Thermometer



Something I heard recently gave me an idea. Public places were requiring people to have their temperatures taken before they were allowed into a place. The idea is that you don't want to be a vector of the disease. Why not take your own temperature before you go out?

Please don't misunderstand. If a place requires your temperature, then cooperate. I'm just saying that if you are sick, don't go out. But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to crawl into a fetal position because you are scared of this thing.

The benefit is that you can be assured that it wasn't you who spread it around. If you get a temperature, then you can call outside and ask for assistance. Whatever you are told, then do that. I wouldn't just show up at a doctor's office without calling first. Don't panic and run around like a chicken its head cut off. Maybe it isn't the coronavirus.

I've got a thermometer. I took it yesterday, and it was normal. I'll keep taking it every time I need to go out. Otherwise, I'll just be normal. Maybe that will be a useful suggestion for anybody who is worrying about this.

The most worrisome thing about this is that people are getting panicky. I'm more worried about that than in getting sick with this myself.





No comments: