Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A little preliminary footwork on Donald Trump

Donald Trump as President?  I didn't like the idea before, but I may reconsider.

Here's a couple posts that I can find on this blog.  I am sure that there is more, but Google seems to block out relevant posts that I want to search on my own blog.

  • Robert Ringer: Our Most Dangerous Enemy  Ringer says that we've met the enemy and they is us.  Trump is only mentioned in passing.
  • Birtherism and Trump  Is Trump a conservative? The risk here is that you vote for somebody who doesn't defend your values.  But he can win.  He's different from the Establishment ( maybe ).
Trump has the financial independence and familiarity that many candidates would love, but as a man, and as a potential president, I'd say he'd been a desperation choice.

He doesn't have the temperament.  He doesn't have a program.  He's not a conservative.  Another mark against him is his age, he will turn 70 in 2016.

Okay, that's it.  No reason to look at Trump, unless he is the only alternative.  He may be useful as a Stalking Horse for conservatives to use against the Establishment candidate.  That's a thought.


No comments: