Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Off-grid post, 6-7-22

 



The last order in this group of orders arrived today via Fedex. Now to attach the bms, the controller, and finally the panel I installed about a week ago.

With some luck, this project may get done quickly. Otherwise, I could get stuck with messing with it a lot like the last one. That one is still not working right.

But with two batteries, I can shift between them, as needed. The new one may have a built in switch. It may be operated by a relay. According the literature, it does. From what a video says, all I have to do is put 12 volts on it, and it will turn it on. By the way, I have the option to do it another way. But I like the switch option. There's a switch on the first one, so if it conks out, then flick the switch off there. Then turn the switch on on the second one, and keep on keeping on.

There's still the possibility of figuring out what's wrong with the first. Assuming all goes well, I can turn it off, and run the second one while working on the first.

This may be a bit crazy, but the idea of getting another one like this has occurred to me. Add four more panels, and attach them to this new "beast" battery. That one could run other devices. Or two more beasts, and split the panels like this other two. It's not the most efficient path, but it is a path that is feasible.

It was another scorcher here today. The additional shade doesn't keep it cool inside by any means. I was hoping to minimize the a/c, but that really isn't working out like I'd hoped. It pulls way too much current. A little more work is possible, but it probably won't change things all that much.

That's all for now, and now it is time to shut down for the night.

No comments: