Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Off-grid post, 6-15-22



It's been more than a week since I've gotten the "beast". That's what it was called when it was sold. For purposes here, I'll rename it power-module-2. The first one is also being renamed to power-module-1. Or better yet, let's shorten them to pwm1 and pwm2. Whew! Anything to lighten my load. Been busy lately.

Both modules are configured and installed where I want them. As I write this, pwm1 is powering my swamper. Pwm2 is receiving a charge. Between the two of these, I can do a number of things. Supposedly, they have nearly 2 kwh of electricity storage potential. I'd say it is a bit less. Maybe not so beastly after all.

The system produces upwards of 2 kwh of electricity from the solar panels. That is on a good day. Today was a bit cloudy. I'm looking forward to cooking some more meatballs. Lol.

The goal is to run the swamper and the necessary ventilation to make it work efficiently. This is achievable. But success cannot be claimed just yet. If this latest adjustment works, there won't be any more shutdowns. Even if that does happen, I can switch to the other. However, if it does happen, it will befuddle me. I think the problems were with the bms. It shut down the inverter for no apparent reason. There's got to be a reason, but there's not enough information to figure it out. So I disconnected that part of the bms which protects the battery from over-discharge. Given the fact that the inverter will shut down automatically before an over-discharge condition can occur, this bit of redundancy is expendable.

With a little luck, all will be well. I can then move on to other projects.

That's all for now.

No comments: