Monday, January 10, 2022

Holy Hitchcock Batman, looky at all the birds



Comment:

Someone noticed all the birds in the Walmart parking lot. Let me offer an explanation.

If you notice, the video shows that the sun is not out yet. My guess is that it is just before dawn. My travels used to take me into the downtown area of Houston, to a place where these birds would gather just like this. I think it is just bird behavior just before dawn. For whatever reasons, birds gather together like this. Maybe they gather for the night, and just before dawn, they are awake and chirp like crazy before the sun arises.

Just regular old bird behavior. But why so many in one spot? It may be a lack of trees, like in downtown Houston. The place I'm referring to is a stand of trees on a street in downtown Houston's concrete jungle. It is one of the rare places where birds could congregate for the night. Fewer trees means more bird concentration. In the suburbs, you won't see such concentration because there's a lot more trees for them to gather in.

The birds aren't going Hitchcock on us. Relax. (I think.)



No comments: