Sunday, January 9, 2022

Cost for a solar powered system for a house



Comment:

A system this big is just not in the cards for me. Maybe for others, but not for me. You have got to downsize this thing. Big time.

That's why I've racked my brain for ways to do this. The latest idea is to dig a basement out, and use that for climate control. Climate control is the biggest thing that will need to be powered. Heat is relatively easy. Cooling is not so easy. You could get a leg up by going underground a bit. It is relatively constant temperature once you get low enough. I wouldn't go that low, but to get on story down below grade would help a lot to smooth out those big temperature swings.

Anyway, the dude spent over 15k for his system. It generates a respectable amount of power, but solar only works on sunny days. Even out in West Texas, it isn't always sunny. No sun no power. That means a backup system and that means more $$$$.

Just between you and me, I don't like solar very much. The less you use it the better.



No comments: