Monday, June 15, 2020

Politico/Yahoo Sports: Trump loses 2 pivotal allies in his anti-kneeling crusade: NASCAR and the NFL






Free Republic Link:

The author is calling it a "crusade". Why such a label? Is it to rile up the Moose-limbs? The author also claims they (NFL NASCAR) are "pivotal" allies. Pivotal? Allies? You have to note this kind of persuader phrasing means to swing people over to their viewpoint. The hard left is leaning hard on the corporations who have a lot of money at stake. The left knows this so the pressure is on. These corporations and many others like them are in the middle of this struggle. But the fans aren't.

I mean these corporations are in the middle, not in terms of their being innocent. They are in the middle because it is a no-win proposition for them. If they take their players' sides, they lose customers. Speaking for yours truly, I WAS a fan. Not anymore. If they are going to make the NFL a social justice warrior battleground, then I am OUT. I suspect that there are many more like me who are sick and tired of this BEE-ESS.

If the NFL wants to commit suicide, then let them. If NASCAR wants to commit suicide, let them. It is not my job to save them from themselves. As for the media, they can "kiss mah gree-yuts".

Respecting the flag and your country should not be controversial. If the Democrats want to make that the case, then you have a choice now don't you? Personally, I can live without them. I don't need highly-paid, rich athletes to tell me what I should think. If they can do without their big paychecks for their privileges while making asses of themselves, then bring it on.

Trust me on that one because I don't follow NASCAR anyway. When the Oilers left Houston, I stopped watching football on TV. When the Texans entered the league, I began following them. But I know what life is like without the NFL. I can manage it. Been there, done that.

This kind of thing reminds me of the cozy relationship that the Democrats have with corporations. That was supposed to be a GOP thing. Not anymore. In fact, it is becoming another creature of the left. The corporations, that is.

There needs to be a major pushback on this kind of thing. Somehow.





No comments: