Monday, September 3, 2018

Off grid post 9.3.18

Note:  Cross posted ( actually linked back to here ) from my other blog--- Space City Speculations.

It should be noted once again that I am not actually posting anything over there, only linking back here.  It filters out the political stuff.  You will only see this post when you link on it back there.

Give it some time for the link to be posted.  Let's say 30 minutes.

Hopefully, that is clear.

On with the post...

Today it rained.  So, I am collecting some rainwater and filtering it.

Today I filled up my three jugs for a total of 13 gallons.  This is not rainwater.  It was bought water from a kiosk in town.

The water I collect from rainwater will be segregated from this water.  This water can be used for everything, but rainwater will have limited uses, you see.  That is why it is kept separate from the rest.

I am able to make it on a couple gallons of water per day.  Now that I have fourteen gallons total, it should last me the whole week ahead.

Not to mention that I will be able to collect rainwater because rain is in the forecast.  It has been dry lately.  We need the rain.

Update:

Please do not get the idea that I will never post on the other blog.  Eventually, the off-grid posts will go on the other blog.  That, and the energy and space posts will go on the other blog.  That is to say, this current procedure will be the bridge to the future, as there will be two separate blogs when all is said and done.  Right now, the other blog is actually just a link to this one.

Consider the future off grid posts to be volume two.  The ones on this blog belong to volume one.


No comments: