Thursday, March 12, 2015

Farmer market

You've may have seen these before.  We had one in Houston when I was growing up, and Dad liked to go there and get stuff.   I suppose because it was cheaper than supermarket food.  Once you consider a few expenses that the supermarkets must pay, a Farmer's market may well be the cheapest way to buy food.  The Farmer would bring his food to the market and sell it directly to the public.

Well, the money problem led me to this idea.  Since there probably aren't too many farmers out there, I may have the market to myself.  That's why I left off the plural ending "s".  ( That's kind of a joke, ya'll)

Seriously, I'd have to produce a lot more food than I am contemplating right now in order to generate a modest income.  I'd also have to compete with what's already out there.  It seems that food is really cheap, so you have to produce one hell of a lot of food to make any money.

The gardening book I mentioned said that 11 of his garden beds can produce enough food for four people.  Now, if I were to do that much and only that much, I may be able to generate a modest income.

Just another idea to think over.


No comments: