Monday, February 28, 2011

Properties of Platinum Group Metals as Catlysts for fuel cells

Here's something I pulled up from a google search.  It is a list of abstracts about using Platinum and Ruthenium as catalysts for Direct Methanol Fuel Cells.  It isn't exactly the same as what I was suggesting earlier with respect to hydrolyzing methanol.  DMFC's work on methanol directly, whereas what I suggest is to separate the two reactions.  First by electrolyzing the methanol, then by using the hydrogen produced by this in order to provide fuel to the fuel cell.  I am putting the link in the sidebar of Interesting Reading and setting up the label as Sidebar.  Now you will know how it got there as I indicated in an earlier post.

Here's how it appears in the sidebar ( not all of this is there, the bottom link is missing, but leaving it in there isn't a bad idea).

How to make electrocatalysts more active for direct methanol oxidation-avoid PtRu bimetallic alloys!

No comments: