Thursday, April 4, 2024

Talking Football here



Taking a short break from the dreadful state of things these days. That's why the "past-times" that we have are a good thing. Anyway, I don't mind making an ass of myself all the time, so here goes with a piece about the NFL.

Anybody who follows the NFL has probably heard that the Houston Texans traded for Stefon Diggs. There used to be a time when I could have offered a more sensible breakdown of the trade. Since I don't follow the NFL all that closely anymore, this may not be a knowledgeable comment. So what? When did I ever need knowledge? ( that's a joke, son)

Well, I can offer some sort of opinion, yes? To me, this looks like a "win now" type move. It may pay off big time, or it may just go down the drain. The Texans seem to have an opportunity to make a big splash in the next couple years, and this may be the explanation for the trade.

Stefon Diggs sounds like a pain in the ass type guy. That may not be necessarily bad. It all depends upon why he is a pain in the ass. If he is a competitive type, and he knows that Buffalo won't win with what they've got, he may want out. On the other hand, if it is just about him, then he is the kind of pain in the ass that isn't worth the pain in the ass. Evidently, that's what the Bills thought. The Texans think they can deal with him for at least one year. That's because Digg's contract has been re-worked so that he can be a free agent after the end of the coming season. Diggs has to put up or shut up.

It looks like the kind of deal that make the Texans a real threat to get to the Super Bowl. But it could blow up in their face. I don't think anybody in Houston will mind all that much if it doesn't work out. After all, they haven't been very good lately. This past season may have been a fluke.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I'm fully able to offer opinions, and if anybody doesn't like it, the refund is in the mail.

No comments: