Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Gingrich---tsk, tsk, tsk

Update:

This could be much more serious than I figured. This could be the beginnings of a complete breach between the two wings of the GOP. I call them the two wings. One wing is the money men. The money men control most of the Party. The other wing is the actual voters. It is the actual voters who don't like what the money men are doing.

That'd be my take. For me, I never did like the Romneys and McCains. I thought the Bushes were okay at first, but I figured out later that they really weren't. The money men have been in control. Was Reagan a money man? Well, I'm not sure that he was, or if he was, he was very careful about not appearing that way.

So I think that they are really misreading the public rather badly here. If the idea is to win elections, then what Gingrich is doing is exactly the WORST thing that he could do. A lot of the people would like to see the GOP be more assertive with respect to the Democrats. Trying to cast this as Gaetz joining the Democrats is just ridiculous. Nobody is going to buy that, and they should not let themselves be bullied into submission. There's been too much of that already.

end update: I wonder how many people are being persuaded by this nonsense.

If they have such a majority, then why don't they just ignore us? The answer is that they can't. Insults won't help. If it is meant to intimidate, then that won't work on ME, but who knows who it might work on. I don't speak for anyone, but I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the people who tend to vote GOP are sick and tired of stuff just like this.





No comments: