Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Candor not wanted



Brutally candid political ad from Trump causes some alarm...

Frank Luntz: "This is the most alarming political ad I've seen this year".

But nothing Brandon does alarms him. Strange how that works.



I figured Luntz for a Democrat, so I looked him up on Wikipedia. He seems to be a guy who crafts phrases that are meant to help out with messaging. So the kind of ad that Trump put together would not be something that he would do. Those were different times, when Luntz worked with Gingrich and Bush.

I see Trump's ad is very harsh. But how will people take it? If Luntz is right, they may blame Trump for what Trump is reacting to. Whatever you may think, I think this kind of reaction to Trump is misguided. Otherwise, these people could not have done any of what they have indeed done, such as doing things that are unprecedented against Trump.

My point is why not go after Trump on the issues? Instead, they go after him PERSONALLY. Then they claim that he is setting up a cult of personality. If they don't want that, then why go after him PERSONALLY?

No comments: