Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Hectic day

 



Getting toward the end of the day, and so I can take some time out now, and write a little more about what's been going on around here.

Since I got out here in the boondocks, internet service has been through the cell phone. There were other ways of getting service, but I chose to get it that way. The reason was that it was more economical. It so happens that prices must have gotten better, because I got a deal to get broadband another way.

I cannot specify what this service is, but it does need a dish. So there's a dish now. What I mean is that I don't think that it is satellite, but I'm not sure. Maybe it is or maybe it isn't. I don't care if it is satellite or not, frankly. So, I didn't ask.

But from the way the dude was talking, I think it isn't satellite, for what that's worth.

It looks like this will be a more capable system as well. That's good because the cell phone was a bit limited. Especially on the hot spot service. If you wanted to use the hot spot, you could easily run out of data, as it was a limited amount. It was limited even though it was supposed to be unlimited. The hot spot service aspect was rather crappy, so this should be a big improvement.

It so happens that my service was out. A message says I'm out of data, but I don't think so. I watch it pretty carefully. Rather than go through that anymore, I decided to get this service. The cell phone service is still there for the time being, but may go away soon. I'll still need a phone, just not much broadband on it.

So there it is. For several days, there was no service. Now there is. I didn't have access to the blog because of there needs to be a hotspot. The reason for that is another story. Let it suffice that I couldn't access the blog, so I couldn't do any blogging. It all happened without notice, so there wasn't any way to communicate it here. Or should I say, no easy way.

Now it should be back. I hope so. So far, so good.



No comments: