Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Credibility



Before writing this post, I considered making just an addendum to the previous post about Philosophy. Well, that post isn't about Philosophy per se. It included that to some degree, though. The source for my information is what I need to include. It is primarily the Shirer book---The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.

I did read a bit about what others say about Shirer. It should be noted that he has a good "pedigree". He had an association with Edward Murrow, who name ranks right up at the top in broadcast journalism. The name of Edward Murrow is not heard much these days, but it was quite well known in his time, which is the time of Adolf Hitler himself.

Therefore, I tend to take Shirer's work quite seriously. I think it may well be about as authoritatiive source of information about the Third Reich that you can find.

This allows me to segue into the topic of credibility. One should ask oneself WHY you believe what you believe. Why do you find someone to be credible? Why do you find someone to NOT be credible?

The comparison being made so frequently to fascism has no basis in credibility if it doesn't have a source of information that itself is credible. Otherwise, it is nonsense and can shown as such to anyone who has any respect for truth and accuracy. I think that those type of comparisons to fascism lack credibility. It includes most defintely the leading voices of the Democrat party---Brandon and Hillary Clinton primarily.

Brandon is a known plagiarizer. Hillary Clinton is simply not a credible source. Now, if she would like to cite where she gets her information, and can show why and how her accusations have any basis at all, then I suppose it could be taken into consideration. I am quite confident that she does not. That's because of my information which I have mentioned here.

If anyone would like to show why Shirer's work is wrong, I'm all ears. But I am doubtful that anyone would be so foolish as to try.

Starting on page 142 of Shirer's book is a discussion of some of the philosophical underpinnings of Adolf Hitler regime. The comparison with Trump is simply not credible. Again, show me where I am wrong, and I will take it into consideration.

Much is said about "misinformation" these days. Those making the accusations may not have the slightest idea of what they are talking about. If they do, then that makes them a liar. It is hard to say what the case may be sometimes, but it is likely to be one or the other.

No comments: