Monday, February 28, 2022

Off-grid post, 2-28-22

 



Back on the 16th, I bought a power module for a prospective solar powerwall system that I anticipate putting together. After a bit of a delay, the unit arrived recently, and I've been checking it out. Nothing else was ordered until today. The project is moving forward tentatively.

There's a lot to think about. That's why I am moving slowly. After all, my only experience with these things is my 100 watt solar panel system. It was something I bought in order to get some experience, and so I've had some experience with this really small system. The thing I am thinking about building can be much larger. It is also modular, so I can proceed SLOWLY.

Once I have confidence, I may speed it up, but for now, it's crawling along.

Solar power isn't cheap. Don't let anybody tell you that it is. If you build one yourself, there is a risk that you could screw up. That could be definitely ungood.

I thought about making a video of this, but I'll wait on that for now. I'm not trying to push myself off as some expert. If all goes well, perhaps I'll make a video for anybody interested in perusing it for anything that may be useful in their own projects.

That is, if I don't screw up. I'd prefer to not share my biggest screw ups with everybody. I have my vanity to consider.

No comments: