Thursday, June 25, 2015

Checking in becomes a different name, 6/25/15

What will that name be?  Daily post and date?  I want to do a post every day, even if it is only one.  There's only been a few days that I've missed since I started posting full time back in 2010.  It doesn't lead to popularity, but it does keep some people ( or bots ) coming.

Okay, let it be known that the blog will continue, but it will also evolve a bit over time.  The evolving is to make it work better, but not necessarily to reveal a change of heart about anything.  That change of heart is a bit unusual for yours truly.  It has happened before, it just doesn't happen often.

What about  "The Daily Post" combined with the date?  That name sounds newsy, though, so maybe not a good idea to make it sound too official and confining as to content.  How about Obligatory?  Obligatory means duty, so that's what I'm doing.  But maybe obligatory isn't formal enough.  How about "The Daily Duty", then?  I figure that captures the spirit of the practice.  One does one's duty.  But duty is a legalistic term.  That's too much formalism.

I'll settle on Obligatory.  Let's say it is a moral duty to continue, but nothing legally binds me to do this.  It isn't "of this world", but on a "higher plane", if I may be so bold.


No comments: