Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fleischmann Pons IV

This is nothing like what I thought it may be, so I think I was on the wrong track.  I was thinking of an isotope of palladium, but the discussion that I mentioned in the morning summary was so different from that, it isn't even close.

Godes' ideas are somewhat like Kim's BECNF, but with important differences.  Kim's depends upon paramagnetism, which exists in nickel at a temperature known as the Curie temperature. This entails the formation of magnons, which are bosons that will allow the coulomb barrier to be negated via the Bose Einstein condensate.  On the other hand, Godes' depends upon phonons, which are introduced to help the reaction along- the Q energy, as he calls it.  The coulomb barrier does not come into play because these phonons enable the production of neutrons, which combine with deuterons to form an unstable form of hydrogen, which subsequently beta decays into helium.

Pardon the mistakes here, since I may have made a few, or more than a few.  The key point is that Godes' theory is LENR, whereas Kim's is cold fusion.  I cannot say which one is better, it is enough of a challenge for me to begin to understand this stuff.

No comments: